- Sin-consciousness rather than grace-consciousness (Heb. 10:1-10; Gal. 5:4)
- Feelings of guilt rather than blamelessness (Col. 1:22)
- Experiencing condemnation rather than freedom (Rom. 8)
- Pride (depending on self) rather than humility (depending on Christ's righteousness)
- Judgemental toward self and others rather than loving, accepting and forgiving of oneself and others (Rom. 2:1-4)
- Legalistic toward self and others rather than gracious toward self and others
- Slave to self-created standards rather than living in the freedom of sonship
- Tendency to feel the need to confess sin before feeling able to "enter into God's presence" (however, see Heb. 4:16; 10:19-22)
The purpose of judgement in this life is to keep us on the right track but not to condemn us. 1 Cor. 11:32
Christ is our Righteousness
It is our dependence on the grace we receive in Christ that sets us free from guilt and condemnation.
Let's not play God and usurp His judgement seat! In humility receive and depend on the grace of God that has been revealed in Christ. Walk in the freedom of the sons of God! Don't allow the devil to accuse you and tempt you to condemn yourself when God has declared you blameless in Christ! It is for freedom that Christ has set you free!